Friday, February 14, 2014

A Child Called It - Make Connections

"I gobble down the food so fast I can hardly taste it. I finish the tray in record time." This quote is saying that he had to eat so fast so that mom or anyone else knew that he had eaten anything. He could barely eat at home, not even the scraps. He would get in trouble at school for taking other people's food because he starved to death. I can make a connection between this quote and with this movie I have seen called "An American Crime". In that movie, the girl was punished, raped, and was thrown in the basement for false accusations of other people around her, in her school, and people that lived with her. She starved to death, always got severe punishments, and was never bathed. This is all a connection with Dave because he is going through the same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment