Friday, January 31, 2014

Teaching Chess and Life - Make Connections

Carlos Capellan is a boy who lives in a neighborhood that is rough and not easy. He came up with a decision that he would not end up like the other people in his neighborhood because of the consequences they had to suffer. He decided to stick by this decision with help from important people in his life. My connection to him is that, although I didn't grow up in a rough neighborhood, I still have witnessed and seen around me people suffer from drug dealing or families scared for their children to play outside and people ending up dying or going to jail. I told myself that I would not end up like that either, and it was from the blessing and help of my son Landon. I wouldn't want him growing up  like that or do the things other people do so I am going to stick to my decision and make sure he is avoiding these type of situations as much as I can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment